We’re seeking a highly driven, dynamic, motivated Compensation & Benefits Manager to join our team in Hodgkins, Illinois (near I-294 and I-55). The Manager is responsible for managing compensation benchmarking/banding, group benefits programs/audits, and providing oversight for hourly payroll processes and compliance. This role will interact with key vendors and employees.
If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
- Perform compensation benchmarking analysis; monitor market conditions and government regulations to ensure pay practices and pay ranges are equitable, compliant, and competitive with the market
- Manages Payroll Coordinator who processes biweekly using ADP payroll system
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators for benefits plans (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan) and payroll
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans. Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and reviews quarterly
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments and auditors
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs
- Up to 25% travel to firm locations in CA, VA, OH, NJ. 2-3 day trips every few weeks
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA or BS in Business, Accounting or related discipline
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in similar role
- Experience with:
- ADP Workforce Now payroll and HRIS functions
- Benchmarking compensation
- Managing payroll – experience with payroll consolidation preferred
- Merit process/programs
- ACA reporting
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines. Self-motivated and follow projects through to completion
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- Excellent communication and organization skills
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.