We are a full-service partner to the personal care and beauty industry and a leading value-added manufacturer of innovative hair care, bath and body, and skin care products to both established multi-nationals and fast-growing emerging brands.
We have 7 manufacturing facilities across the USA as well as in Poland, and 3 Innovation Centers located in New Jersey, Chicago and California. The company employs more than 1000 people.
Be part of the excitement!
Role and Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for identifying and optimizing value from the company’s network-wide demand and supply network. He or she will use operational know-how, and advanced analytics capabilities to help the business create a more efficient, flexible, and responsive supply chain. Critical capabilities are demand forecasting and supply planning expertise in a manufacturing context. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious, able to use advanced statistical analysis to forecast, able to and simulate supply chain constraints and networks, a self-starter and able to clearly communicate complex ideas.
- Develop a demand planning methodology and optimize forecast accuracy by effectively analyzing sources of forecast errors and implementing appropriate action plans
- Develop strong and trusted relationship with Account Managers, Plant Schedulers and Procurement, to ensure a clear understanding of the supply chain
- Chair and communicate in cross-functional collaboration meetings to implement supply chain improvement projects including back-order improvement, capacity optimization and inventory management.
- Assess supply risks and develop and execute risk and contingency management plans, e.g., pre-stocking, with the objective of meeting supply chain KPI goals
- Develop seasonal demand forecasts and pre-stock initiatives, including MTO vs MTS designation for SKUs
- Determine effect of customer launches on supply chain
- Support network-wide capacity planning
- Use customer demand, supply capacity, execution and service level data across the company network to prepare S&OP presentations for corporate review, along with recommendations for risk mitigation
- Track supply chain KPIs and make actionable recommendations on performance
- Collaborate with the wider suppl chain team on ad-hoc supply chain initiatives
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management
- At least 3-5 years of Demand Planning, Supply Planning or Supply Chain Consulting experience
- Advanced Analytics skills
- Experience with a demand or supply planning software, e.g., DemandWorks, Logility, SAP APO/APS, Oracle APO, JDA, Manugistics etc.
- Ability to interpret analysis results using a variety of techniques and ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time