Aware Products Inc., a personal care, beauty and OTC drug products formulator and contract manufacturer is seeking a Senior R&D Chemist in our Chatsworth California facility.
- Understand emulsions and surfactant technology, hair and skin physiology and general cosmetic technology
- Formulates all types of hair care and skin care products including but not exclusively gels, pomades, lotions, creams, shampoos, conditioners, body wash, hand soaps, mousses and OTC formulations
- Expertise in formulating natural products including for Whole Foods, Natural Product Association (NPA), Ecocert, and/or Cosmos
- Assists Chemist and technicians with formulating challenges, with goal to improve technical skills of everyone in R&D
- A working knowledge of compounding and manufacturing equipment, so that the products developed can be successfully manufactured
- Manage scale-up of bench formulas, including developing manufacturing processes, draft and complete actual manufacturing process documents for customer and compounding purposes
- Support production on first production runs and quality with formula adjustments as required
- Maintain effective partnership with sales, marketing, manufacturing to enhance the development process
- Regularly meet with suppliers
- Assist Product Development and Customer Service with technical calls to customers
- Maintain proper laboratory notebook
- Research new products, chemicals and competitor products for new business opportunities
- Conducts and tracks all required performance and stability tests, interprets, records and reports results
- Up to date with industry and consumer trends
- A working knowledge of the global regulatory requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the R&D Management
- BA or BS in Chemistry or related discipline as a minimum. A graduate or master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in cosmetic product development
- Prior experience in a private label contract manufacturer desirable
- In depth knowledge of advanced principles of cosmetic science
- Ability to formulate and test product formulations
- Possess good product knowledge
- Flexibility to work special schedules as required to satisfy job requirements
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- English communication skills appropriate to the job description
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred but not required.
About the Company:
We are a fast, flexible and dynamic, system-based strategic partner of the health and beauty industry for over 30 years. We specialize in the development, manufacturing and distribution of the world's most noticeable personal care and OTC drug products.
To learn more about our company, please visit our websites:
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Vee Pak complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.