We’re seeking a highly-driven, dynamic, motivated Sr. DIrector R&D Lab to join our team in Chatsworth, California.
The Sr. Director, R&D Lab will lead a growing team of formulators in developing topical products, including cosmetics, hair care, skin care, and OTC products. The Sr Director will be responsible for meeting innovation timelines and working cross-functionally with sales and marketing teams to meet customer expectations. Most importantly, this position will create new, innovative products for top beauty and personal care companies.
The Sr. Director will have dual responsibilities: developing products at the bench and inspiring and managing a development team. It’s critical for the candidate to be high energy and positive – especially when faced with a challenge. Creative problem solving and out of the box thinking will be celebrated and rewarded.
If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
Reports into: Chief Innovation Officer
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor an entire R&D team
- Collaborate closely with the CIO and other senior technical leaders from Chicago and New Jersey to build best practices and share knowledge across the Voyant network
- Lead a team that manages the formulation of new products in collaboration with sales to ensure consistency with client product specifications, product format, label claim, applicable regulations and manufacturing capabilities
- Oversee all activities of the R&D team, making sure capacity and workload is being managed effectively
- Establish schedules for required R&D activities with special emphasis on work-place efficiency
- Ensure the conformance of all chemistry activities with applicable SOPs when applicable, and regulatory guidance documents
- Provide support to related audits from external and regulatory agencies
- Provide support to external departments such as QC and Production as needed
- Prepare and review protocols and reports for validation or verification activities
- Generate, maintain and review product development documents, batch records, and other related documents
- Understand customer needs, competitive forces, changing technology, and available resources
- Stay current with recent development, innovations and technologies that may improve products and manufacturing processes
- Communicate with ingredient suppliers and stay updated on new raw materials and innovative products
- Collaborate with Operations and Production to ensure successful manufacturing of developed products
Skills and Qualifications:
- Outgoing and optimistic with a passion for leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, microbiology, or related life science field
- 10 years of management and formulation experience in a personal care laboratory
- Knowledge of quality, GMP, ISO 9000, FDA and OSHA regulations
- Prior experience in a private label contract manufacturer desirable
- In depth knowledge of advanced principles of cosmetic science
- Skilled writing and training for all Lab SOP’s
- Love of beauty
- Curious, questioning nature and a desire make things better
Generous compensation and benefits package.
We are a full-service partner to the personal care and beauty industry and a leading value-added manufacturer of innovative hair care, bath and body, and skin care products to both established multi-nationals and fast-growing emerging brands.
We have 7 manufacturing facilities across the USA as well as in Poland, and 3 Innovation Centers located in New Jersey, Chicago and California. The company employs more than 1000 people.
Come join in the excitement!