The associate is responsible for managing the maintenance parts department which includes purchasing, parts staging, receiving and issuance, as well as inventory of maintenance materials to support the maintenance team activities. This position has responsibility for Food Safety and Quality within their influence. The associate in this job has the responsibility to report, in a timely manner, Food Safety and Quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action on those problems.
• Purchase all parts for equipment and building repairs.
• Negotiate cost and delivery of parts and production supplies.
• Work with mechanics and vendors to resolve order discrepancies and proposals for custom orders.
• Identify opportunities of parts fabrication versus OEM parts purchase.
• Enter and receive all purchase orders.
• Outsource parts from OEM and establish 2nd suppliers.
• Coordinate the set up of new vendors with Corporate.
• Run reports for supervisor/plant manager for monthly P&L report.
• Purchase & receive all production supplies and equipment, janitorial supplies, uniforms and safety supplies.
• Purchase & receive all Capital Projects- enter all orders into database.
• Process and verify facility invoices supplies and parts ordered.
• Process credits and return parts shipped incorrectly or damaged.
• Follow up with vendors on all back orders.
• Order and receive all chemicals and lubricants used for Maintenance.
• Order all maintenance shop supplies. • Set up preventative maintenance service calls.
• Coordinate service technicians when outside help is needed.
• Send weekly forecasting updates to corporate prior to month end reporting.
• Perform other duties as required by Management.
• Barcode all maintenance parts.
• Perform physical inventory when necessary.
• Maintain inventory database up to date by adding new parts and/or removing obsolete parts.
• Pull all parts out of Inventory that are needed for major rebuilds.
• Process scanner for parts checked out.
• Monitor excessive parts usage.
• Add part numbers to work orders so that maintenance personnel know which parts are required for the PM.
• Maintain all files, equipment manuals, and purchasing books up to date in the office.
• Run reports to track parts/usage.
• Enter daily log work orders.
• Ensure budgetary goals are being met according to facility and corporate guidelines.
• Oversee the work of Maintenance Inventory Clerk.
• Perform training of maintenance system as needed across all facilities.
• Develop purchasing and inventory SOP’s for maintenance personnel
High School Degree
At least 2 to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
Very good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database and ERP software such as MS Excel, MS Access, Oracle, MP2 and Markview.
Ability to read and concentrate via computer data entry typing and proofreading- up to 40% of time.
Ability to adapt to changing conditions, operational needs, and internal customer requirements.
Excellent organizational, time-management, and project management skills