Are you a beauty junkie who could spend hours inside of Ulta and Sephora? Do you follow all the beauty influencers, brands, and have a passion for embracing new trends and inspirations? If so, Voyant Beauty, a leading innovator in personal care, beauty and OTC drug product formulation and manufacturing, is currently seeking a Marketing and Innovation Manager like you to support our Innovation Team.
This position will be responsible for helping support all marketing and innovation efforts as we look to expand our customer base of innovative, groundbreaking beauty brands while further defining our role as an innovation leader within the personal care contract manufacturing space. You will help lead efforts to increase Voyant brand name recognition, while flexing your creativity and love of beauty to help bring new innovative product ideas to life for our wide range of customers. You will have a passion and love for the cosmetics category and be highly collaborative – able to partner cross functionally to move projects and ideas along quickly to success.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Innovation Team to identify formulas to update or add within the current formula libraries based on corporate strengths, trends, customer demand, market opportunities, and regulatory requirements.
- Help identify right mix of industry trade shows and events to participate in to maximize exposure and ROI, and help lead efforts in handling logistics of participating
- Write and submit lab requests and redirects to R&D.
- Identify new product concepts and bring them to fruition.
- Coordinate with lab to determine priorities for lab requests
- Work closely with R&D to ensure lab submissions are on target for look, cost, and performance.
- Manage evaluation, testing, and approval of lab formulas.
- Work with Regulatory to obtain regulatory documentation for approved formulas.
- Write new product profiles for approved formulas and update current library profiles to reflect any updates.
- Work directly with product development coordinators and sales to provide product sheets and samples for product library bases.
- Maintain inventory of the product library samples.
- Ensure that the Product Library is updated and current with product sheets available for each formula.
- Manage and distribute production retains for sales and innovation teams.
- Support on paperwork for new concepts to be presented to the team.
- Support in creating product briefs, cost targets, fragrance, and prototypes for new presentation.
- Assist in developing presentations for our new and existing customers.
- Attend and assist in customer meetings
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Love of beauty and passion for creativity
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasker who likes to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge and passion for beauty industry and beauty products.
- Effective problem-solver who is committed to producing products of exceptional quality.
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, execution, and follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively present and explain conceptual ideas.