We’re seeking a highly-driven, dynamic, motivated Production Planning Coordinator to join our dynamic team in Countryside, Illinois. The Production Planning Coordinator is responsible for partnering with Production, Supply Chain, Purchasing, and Customer Service teams to plan and schedule workflow to support the combined requirements from safety stock, forecast and customer orders to meet both Voyant Beauty and customer expectations on delivery of finished goods. Additionally, this position supports the achievement of both efficiency goals and inventory goals by analyzing the effects of planning parameters to create the optimized balance between inventory, service, plant operations and total supply chain flow.
Description of essential functions:
- Primary responsibility for creating production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Primary responsible to ensuring materials are release from incoming inspection and available to meet production timing.
- Understanding blending and batching process and aid in the scheduling.
- Schedule the next month in a firm schedule.
- Create Master Schedule / Production Orders from the sales orders and balance the 10-week load.
- Assist with planning and scheduling material operational flow, for both Vee Pak purchased materials and Customer supplied materials. Be able to interact with customer systems / portals for material data and the customer’s material coordinators on managing inbound flow and inventory level.
- Optimizing equipment and personnel utilization and minimizing machine set up changes and downtime.
- Contact department supervisors in connection with availability of materials, delays and/or schedule management.
- Review and revise schedules to meet priority orders.
- Daily reporting and tracking of key metrics including system data entry.
- Able to communicate with customer contacts as needed.
- Create batch cards / recipe cards in the right size to meet production run sizes and ensure data accuracy.
- Answer phones, emails, texts and direct communication traffic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- APICS experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or at least 1 year of supply chain experience.
- Planning in advance ERP system (Infor, SAP, Oracle is preferred) and Advanced Planning Tool environment preferred, and implementation would be a plus but not required.
- Solid understanding of constraint management and material loading
- Be detail focused and possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong PC skills including Excel (with macros), Word, Outlook, etc.
- Previous experience within process manufacturing, inventory control, or production environments.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to speak and write professionally in English
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to work in a change oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong, Consistent and reliable attention to detail.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.