We are looking for a reliable, dynamic, self-starter Maintenance Supervisor to oversee all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the company’s machinery and equipment. You will be the one to ensure that your colleagues have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget.
The ideal Supervisor will have a solid understanding of machinery and electrical systems as well as other crafts. He / She will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
Description of essential functions:
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Effective lead and manage a team of mechanics and maintenance personnel
- Coaches, counsels’ employees, and initiates discipline as required
- Evaluates performance of subordinates
- Leads employees in continuous improvement and safety initiatives
- Identifies, researches and resolves problems
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- Other skills and duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience.
- Proven experience in a leadership/supervisor role.
- Understanding of preventive maintenance.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electrical PLC components. Certification will be advantageous.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations (Must).
- Experience in pharma, health and beauty industries will be advantageous (Not a must).
- Desirable experience with CMS desirable.
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of electrical systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment.
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) will be a plus
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality
- Outstanding organizational, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills.
- Safety conscious and strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example and has a positive attitude
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.