Role and Responsibilities
Repairs and maintains machinery on all equipment on the production floor and manufacturing areas. Set ups production lines to run products as specified. This includes but is not limited to mechanical, fluid power, electrical and electronic up to but not including discrete electronic components. Repairs and maintains facility equipment.
Must keep abreast of new and changing technologies in the equipment and maintenance fields which relate to cosmetics and personal care products. Will assist the engineering group in equipment improvement.
- Observes all mechanical, fluid, and electrical equipment in operation and uses audio, visual and instrumental inspection to trouble shoot, repair, and maintain all equipment.
- Dismantles production and manufacturing equipment and devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, install new or repaired parts, and reassemble the equipment and ensure production standard rates
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Follows required Preventative Maintenance schedule by repairing defective parts, installing special functional and structural parts in equipment or devices, and lubricating and cleaning of parts and or equipment.
- Starts equipment and devices to test their performance.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Assists the production and manufacturing personnel in the training for correct set up an operation of equipment.
- Works on all work centers within the production and compounding areas and/or where needed as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Assists in the training of other mechanics/maintenance personnel.
- Assists in assessing and maintaining a safe work environment in the production areas by performing routine self-audits and reporting the results to the supervisor.
- Performs routine maintenance on other facility equipment located in production or manufacturing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 3+ years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of industrial mechanics, including motors, gears, belts, bearings, and couplings
- Understanding of pneumatic, and hydraulic cylinders, valves, and solenoids
- Knowledge of basic welding, and fabrication
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals
- Ability to speak, read, understand and maintain records as required in English.
- Ability to perform tasks under varying conditions (i.e. cold or hot, humid conditions, noise)
- Graduates of industrial, and/or electrical technology programs preferred
- Experience with filling systems, PLCs, and Motor Controls preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds