Pre-weigher is responsible for ensuring materials are available for compounding in the proper amounts to make batches. If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
- Uses gram and floor scales to accurately weigh chemicals and dyes in large and small quantities.
- Completes daily pre-weigh schedule as assigned by the supervisor/lead person.
- Tags and labels all containers. Documents all activities.
- Sanitizes and cleans containers.
- Adheres to all SOP’s and cGMP’s. Follow all safety rules.
- Performs general maintenance and calibration checks of equipment as necessary.
- Checks area for unsafe conditions and reports as appropriate.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly cleaning of pre-weigh and warehouse areas as required.
- Handle raw materials prepared for each batch, lift items manually and/or with the aid of hand jack, pallet jack, and forklifts.
- Recognize chemicals names; observe abnormal characteristics through quality inspection of product and ingredients.
- Follow strictly company environmental policies and handle all cleaning and waste materials properly.
- Use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the task.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school Diploma or GED preferred. two years experience in a fast-paced cGMP manufacturing environment and demonstrated consumer goods product knowledge in lieu of diploma.
- Basic Math skills including but not limited to: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentages required.
- Must have proven ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work in a change oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Required to use Weigh Scales.
- Strong, Consistent, reliable attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work OT when necessary – including weekends.
- Must have physical ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.