In this role, you will lead equipment repair and be tasked to maintain all machinery on the production floor and manufacturing areas. You will partner with production to configure lines to run products as specified. Candidate must be familiar with Norden tube fillers and Bartelt pouch filling equipment.
- Be able to work on all equipment in the plant and help other in fixing the equipment.
- Observes all mechanical, fluid, and electrical equipment in operation and uses audio, visual and instrumental inspection to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all equipment.
- Dismantles production and manufacturing equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts, install new or repaired parts, and reassemble the equipment, ensuring production standard rates.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Follows required Preventative Maintenance schedules by repairing defective parts, installing special functional and structural parts in equipment or devices, and lubricating and cleaning of parts and or equipment.
- Starts equipment and devices to test their performance.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Assists the production and manufacturing personnel in the training for correct set up and operation of equipment.
- Works on all work centers within the production and compounding areas and/or where needed as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Assists in the training of other mechanics/maintenance personnel.
- Assists in assessing and maintaining a safe work environment in the production areas by performing routine self-audits and reporting the results to the supervisor.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- Must be familiar with Norden tube fillers and Bartelt pouch filling equipment.
- Understanding of preventive maintenance.
- Experience in planning and executing maintenance operations.
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of electrical systems, etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment.
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.