Role and Responsibilities
The Product Development Manger plays a critical role in the Voyant Innovation Process, ensuring projects are running smoothly, customers feel comfortable with the development, and all cross functional needs are being met. The PD Manager needs to be able to work quickly, autonomously, with a strong sense of customer service and a passion for all things beauty.
This position will lead and manage the product development process from its initial concept through final formula approval. Product Development Managers work with a variety of large and small customers creating high quality skin, body and hair care products. Collaborating with our Sales, Research and Development and Account Management teams
- Create timelines externally and internally for each project, highlighting critical dates and making sure milestones are communicated and achieved.
- Develop product briefs for the lab, working directly with customers to collect product information, while managing customer expectations, maximizing lab resources and meeting timelines.
- Determine new product preliminary pricing targets for R&D and track development cogs to meet target.
- Evaluate products and become versed in evaluation terminology.
- Create product profiles (key features + benefits and product use) for customer approved products. Requires product and ingredient knowledge, as well as strong writing skills.
- Work with Regulatory to obtain regulatory documentation for customer product approvals
- Transition accounts to account management providing detailed information and follow-up to ensure a smooth transition.
- Coordinate preliminary fill weights for customer componentry.
- Assist in developing presentations for our new and existing customers.
- Attend and assist in customer meetings.
- Train on our Epicor system to be able to research information to perform job functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business management or Research and Development.
- Minimum 3+ years proven, results-oriented experience in hair, skin or personal care industry with a solid track record of managing the product development process.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasker who likes to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge and passion for beauty industry and beauty products.
- Effective problem-solver who is committed to producing products of exceptional quality.
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, execution and follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Presentation skills.