Role and Responsibilities
The Product Development Director plays a critical role in the Voyant Innovation Process, managing a team of outstanding Managers, ensuring projects are running smoothly, customers feel comfortable with the development, and all cross functional needs are being met. The PD Director needs to be able to work quickly, autonomously, with a strong sense of customer service, and a passion for all things beauty.
This position will lead a team of Product Development Managers who manage the product development process from its initial concept through final formula approval. The Product Development Team works with a variety of large and small customers creating high quality skin, body and hair care products. Collaborating with our Sales, Innovation, Research and Development and Account Management teams to add unique expertise and a high touch partnership to customer relationships.
- Manage and inspire of team of Product Development Managers, helping to ensure team is working effectively and efficiently – stepping in to help solve problems or find creative solutions to ensure formulation developments stay on track, and the team stays engaged and excited.
- Manage Product Development Team workload – ensuring team is not overwhelmed, but that projects are progressing on time.
- Train new Product Development Managers on Voyant Beauty processes and procedures.
- Lead weekly PDR Concept Meetings – ensuring projects are qualified and moving in a timely manner.
- Aid in creating timelines externally and internally for each project, highlighting critical dates and making sure milestones are communicated and achieved.
- Aid in developing product briefs for the lab, working directly with customers to collect product information, while managing customer expectations, maximizing lab resources and meeting timelines.
- Determine new product preliminary pricing targets for R&D and track development cogs to meet target.
- Evaluate products and become versed in evaluation terminology.
- Transition accounts to account management providing detailed information and follow-up to ensure a smooth transition.
- Assist in developing presentations for our new and existing customers.
- Attend and assist in customer meetings.
- Train on our Epicor system to be able to research information to perform job functions.